During the evolution of the razor with all of its technological advances on getting a close shave; it has yet to evolve in the designing of the razor handle to include people limited in flexibility and mobility. How can you get a close shave if you cannot get close enough to shave?
There are millions of women each year who are unable to shave their legs due to the discomfort from symptoms associated with a chronic medical condition such as rheumatoid arthritis, the post-operative stage of hip and knee replacement surgery and the second and third trimester of pregnancy. All of these conditions decrease flexibility and mobility and therefore, make shaving difficult if not impossible with a short-handled razor. Furthermore, to shave the lower section of your legs you are either bending over or standing on one leg while you prop the other leg up on the shower wall, bench or countertop which increases the risk of slipping and falling and sustaining an injury. As you can imagine, some women will “give up” on shaving their legs entirely or resort to a caregiver or a loved one to help them carry out their personal care routine.
Our solution resulted in the invention of the Patented Giraffe® Razor Extension Handle, a personal grooming assistant that customizes the length and angle of your premium disposable or reusable razor handle. The Giraffe®‘s telescoping handle adds 15-20 inches in length to your razor handle. The articulating head rotates to a 30°, 45° or 90°-degree angle maximizing your reach and virtually eliminating bending at the waist and overextending yourself when shaving those hard to reach areas. It allows you to keep both feet firmly on the ground while shaving, thus reducing your risk of falling and sustaining an injury. The Giraffe® is ideal for anyone who has had hip or knee replacement surgery and needs to adhere to a 90°-degree protocol. Add the Giraffe® to your hip replacement recovery kit!
The Giraffe® is also an excellent travel companion for shaving your legs in small showers. Cruise ships, RV’s., college dormitories, European hotels, and apartments are a few examples of where shaving could be difficult due to the limited space in the shower.
INDICATIONS OF USE
Limitations in flexibility and mobility due to:
- Shoulder, Neck or Back Pain
- Hip, Knee or Back Surgery
- Sports Injury
- Small, Stand Up Showers
- RV’S, Cruise Ships, and College Dormitories
- Adds 15-20 inches in Length to a Razor Handle – Virtually Eliminates Bending at the Waist
- No Slip Grip with Rubberized Finish – Perfect for Anyone Who has Difficulty Grasping Objects
- Quick Connect and Release Buttons – Ease of Use
- Pivoting Head Rotates to a 30°, 45° or 90° angle – Maximizes Flexibility
- Two Universal Razor Attachments, Small, and Large – Accommodates the Most Popular Men’s and Women’s Premium Disposable and Reusable Razors on the Market Today
- Wrist Lanyard – Conveniently Wear Around Your Wrist for Easy Retrieval and for Hanging in the Shower
- Safety – Decreases the Risk of Falling
- Comfort – Minimizes Lower Back Strain
- Privacy, Independence and Time Management
- Broadens Options for Wearing Comfortable Clothing
- Positive Self-Image
- Improve Quality of Life